10 things a young man needs to to hear from a man. Always Be growing. Be curious about how to combine these 10 things to make you a generator of confidence and humility.
- You are a vibrant power. This a seed of wisdom that should bother a young man. To grasp how it applies to him and be able to spot it in others. The trajectory of a man is seen in his ability to grow due the compounding interest of belief and accomplishment. Many things will try to deviate a man from that trajectory. So what is stronger ? Deviation or belief?
- Do the work to be emotionally agile not fragile. This one is so important to teach by example. The work can be analogous to juggling. If you focus on one ball then all of them will fall. To take it up a level you use your peripheral vision to manage the task at hand. What is being asked is to be able to have long term vision while still managing the present.
- Define strength: mentally, physically, emotionally – as a man; find out what it is for a woman. What is your formula for strength in each case: Emotional Strength = _________ + ____________ Use your strengths to highlight them in others.
- Decide what you want the residue of your decision making to be – belief, respect…
- Love yourself. This will sound cheesy to a young person because their identity branding takes importance over most things. Still, this simple yet deep concept has many expressions into our lives. All of them are springboards for growing. Starting with your Ego. Elevate it to Your Best Ego; Accompanying your Soul we develop our participation in the Higher Soul. Then there can be talk of the universal spirit…
- Always be generating. Generate your own reason for what you’re doing. This makes you the author of your own story so you aren’t at the mercy of someone else’s laziness. Be clean.
- Connect with nature: breathe/5 senses, rejuvenate, exercise, ground, appreciate, marvel. Make nature your man cave. Use the peace in the moment and the power of nature to visualize you: healthy, successful, happy, spontaneous, loved, loving, agile (see #2), …
- Frame your journey to make sense of how to manage the competing interests for your attention. Have a way to process what happens to you in various stages of life. This really helps when dealing with stress to understand what is impacting us so we can take responsibility for it. This is a proactive measure to rise above violence against women.
- Understand how to understand women. If you don’t know how to access your abilities and insist on dwelling in the lower levels of energy you will end up ignoring what she asks you to do. At the maintenance level you can do what she asks you to do. At the perception level you can ask yourself what she would want and do it.
- Be of service. Find people who don’t count the cost. Read the books they read.
- Goetz Heinen on Unsplash
2 thoughts on “10 Things a young man needs to to hear from a man.”