This is a compact tool to focus your energy to get stuff done. Actually you can also use it at the same time for feeling a sense of purpose. You can use it in the morning to approach the day or reflect on your participation at the end of the day. It assumes you are seeking help to meet the new you, the next version of you and share it with the world. The experience can facilitate an updated sense of self and sense of belonging while also contributing to your various communities (the many inner lives, family, nation, society).
Ask yourself – What do I want? That is the I. And do something about it. That is the A. When it has a positive impact on your day, your mood and helps you to learn and participate – That is the D. When you follow through on your intention and it causes you to make decisions and ask questions that are based in your sense of connection – that is the E.
That is I.D.E.A. The idea is that as you go through you life you don’t have to stop and make your spiritual pursuit a separate life endeavour. You can be crafty in making some degree of your professional life provide the foundation for your soul development.
Your body is a temple so why bother going to religious service. You can never be late if your attend yourself:). Current religious offerings rely more on the need lost people than on the soul connection of the people running the religions. Nothing wrong with being lost – especially being young and lost – just think of the Bieber. There is something amiss when the people offering religiousness are more lost than you. They are lost in their dogma and politics and confusion of lies. So you need to find ways to be the spontaneous you, the agile you, the humble you as you struggle to stay true to the temple of truth and growth.
As you struggle, read the following:
What is the relationship between information and elevation on our journey of personal development? Do you need more info or more inspiration? More passion?
Do you want to change your location (on the x – y axis)? Why?
x is info and y is elevation. Info gets you more of the same result pushing you further along the path. Meanwhile elevation gets perception about improvement and growth and fulfillment. Info can help elevation. Too much info or addiction to its search can usurp the idea of growth and put urgency and status in its place. Elevation gets you better info, better intel, better energetic friends who are interested in your best life.
We need tools, references, resources, reasons and examples to learn how to re-locate responsibly. A prescription for a specific x. Align to a a higher y (why:))
We need tools to elevate our source of references and reasons to get perception about managing the balance of reference and elevation.
Tools include maintaining a healthy foundation in the body, mind and emotions; find a moment of peace, moving meditation, regularly distinguish between habit, routine and ritual and use them for your growth or phase them out, belief in higher purpose, be of service, teaching, mentoring and being mentored, telling stories, volunteering…
Plants gather elements and molecules. They apply pigments and solar power. They produce oxygen and sugar. What plants produce are agents of growth for the rest of us.
What is your photosynthesis?
Your photosynthesis is when you combine things in the presence of something higher to make growth possible. That ‘something higher’ can be as simple as helping someone who needs it, or it can be belief in someone who you have seen fail many times before, or it can be your appreciation for the planet (who is so reliable in her photosynthesis 🙂 ).
This is you.
Making something unique with universal ingredients. Using your energy, your love, your warmth, your touch, that panache you bring that draws out their smile.
What are your raw materials and instigators for growth? What do you make possible?
Your carbon dioxide is …
Your water is …
Your sun is …
Your chlorophyll is …
Your sugar is …
Your oxygen is …
Sun is your love of people learning
CO2 is your sense of humour
H2O is your spontaneity
Chlorophyll is your perception about people
Sugar is good conversation
O2 is new friendship
Sun is project
CO2 is staff
H2O is product
Chlorophyll is your leadership
Sugar is the feeling of good collaboration
O2 is the new business as a result
What do you want your photosynthesis to cause …?
Think about it…. Think about it some more…again tomorrow and next week:)
10 things a young man needs to to hear from a man. Always Be growing. Be curious about how to combine these 10 things to make you a generator of confidence and humility.
- You are a vibrant power. This a seed of wisdom that should bother a young man. To grasp how it applies to him and be able to spot it in others. The trajectory of a man is seen in his ability to grow due the compounding interest of belief and accomplishment. Many things will try to deviate a man from that trajectory. So what is stronger ? Deviation or belief?
- Do the work to be emotionally agile not fragile. This one is so important to teach by example. The work can be analogous to juggling. If you focus on one ball then all of them will fall. To take it up a level you use your peripheral vision to manage the task at hand. What is being asked is to be able to have long term vision while still managing the present.
- Define strength: mentally, physically, emotionally – as a man; find out what it is for a woman. What is your formula for strength in each case: Emotional Strength = _________ + ____________ Use your strengths to highlight them in others.
- Decide what you want the residue of your decision making to be – belief, respect…
- Love yourself. This will sound cheesy to a young person because their identity branding takes importance over most things. Still, this simple yet deep concept has many expressions into our lives. All of them are springboards for growing. Starting with your Ego. Elevate it to Your Best Ego; Accompanying your Soul we develop our participation in the Higher Soul. Then there can be talk of the universal spirit…
- Always be generating. Generate your own reason for what you’re doing. This makes you the author of your own story so you aren’t at the mercy of someone else’s laziness. Be clean.
- Connect with nature: breathe/5 senses, rejuvenate, exercise, ground, appreciate, marvel. Make nature your man cave. Use the peace in the moment and the power of nature to visualize you: healthy, successful, happy, spontaneous, loved, loving, agile (see #2), …
- Frame your journey to make sense of how to manage the competing interests for your attention. Have a way to process what happens to you in various stages of life. This really helps when dealing with stress to understand what is impacting us so we can take responsibility for it. This is a proactive measure to rise above violence against women.
- Understand how to understand women. If you don’t know how to access your abilities and insist on dwelling in the lower levels of energy you will end up ignoring what she asks you to do. At the maintenance level you can do what she asks you to do. At the perception level you can ask yourself what she would want and do it.
- Be of service. Find people who don’t count the cost. Read the books they read.
- Goetz Heinen on Unsplash